COMMUNICATION OFFICER RECRUITMENT
Center for Nature Conservation and Development (CCD) is a national conservation Non-Government Organization (NGO). CCD specifically works on nature conservation, endangered biodiversity protection to support sustainable development in Vietnam. CCD’s priorities are biodiversity inventory and monitoring; protected area management improvement, wildlife trafficking combat, human-wildlife conflict mitigation, sustainable forest management, and local community empowerment for biodiversity conservation and forest management.
CCD is currently recruiting a communication officer to deliver a multi-faceted communication plan of the Center.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Title: Communication officer (National position)
Type of contract: Full-time
Duration: One year with possible extension
Location: Based in Hanoi with frequent travel to project locations
Report to: Director
1. Program and CCD communications
– Prepare and distribute press releases and social media outputs of CCD and its projects.
– Search, gather and edit online and paper communication information for posting and distribution on CCD’s Fanpage for educational purposes.
– Provide communication initiatives (messages, ideas, plan, actions, etc.) of the projects and the center to Director and coordinators
– Design CCD’s profile, newsletter and annual reports to promote CCD’s works.
2. Community awareness-raising and school education
– Work with Conservation Coordinator, Community Development & Tourism Coordinator and other technical staff to develop and design environmental education and biodiversity conservation materials and publications such as video clips, short stories, fact sheets, posters, leaflets for flagship species and key tourism sites.
– Implement community outreach and school education activities at the project sites.
3. Events and campaigns
– Assist in organizing and generating public support for special events and campaigns to promote the reputation of CCD and its projects.
– Support to organize workshops, seminars, campaigns, events and project review meetings including agendas and meeting minutes.
4. Website and social media management
– Develop and post news and communication messages, publications, articles, press releases on the CCD’s website and social media sites (Facebook, Fanpage and Twitter).
– Administer CCD’s website and Fanpage, liaise with the hosting service and website design provider to maintain the operation of the website, and keep them regularly updated (to be trained).
5. Other tasks
– Participate in groups/CCD meetings, workshops and training as required.
– Perform other communication tasks as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– University degree in one of the following fields: communication, media, journalism, tourism, social forestry or other related fields.
– Fluency in Vietnamese.
– Good communication skills including social media and multi-media.
– Good computer skills including MS Office and one of the following design software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, Indesign, CorelDraw, etc.
– Knowledge of multimedia tools such as photography, video and social media.
– Good writing skills.
– Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
– Good English skills are an advantage.
– Experience in website administration is an advantage.
APPLICATION SHOULD INCLUDE:
– A resume/curriculum vitae summarizing qualifications, skills and experience.
– A one-page cover letter.
Application should be sent to: email@example.com before July 31, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview!